Here we are in Strangetown at 1 Tesla Court for the second round at the Beaker household. Loki is almost at the top of his career in Science and got pregnant after an alien abduction last round. He just received 1000 simoleons from Olive Specter's estate after her passing last round.
Loki's wife Circe is in the Intelligence Career heading toward her lifetime wish. Last round Nervous Subject left the house and though Loki & Circe tried for a baby -a lot- there were no chimes. Perhaps given that they are both so mean fate decided against it.
We start the week on a Thursday and Circe interrupted her studies to greet Johnny Nigmos. She does like to meet new people even if she gives 'back off' vibes.
Loki walked to work even though technically he was on maternity leave. It paid off though as you are looking at the newest Mad Scientist! I think the title suits him well. :)
Circe changed into a summer dress. Strangetown is set to 2 Springs and 2 Summers so there's no real need for warm clothing.
Being high in Mechanical she decided to wind Loki's precious Grandfather clock before work, but oops it fell to pieces on the floor- she bagged it up and quickly replaced it hoping Loki wouldn't notice.
It was at this point that I realised the large hill opposite the house is why the camera moves all over the place at this lot making me feel a little queasy...
So I went back to the neighbourhood and used the largest empty new lot I could to flatten the hill. I had to try several times as I couldn't get too close to the crater.
It worked well- no more feeling queasy and while I immediately bulldozed the large lot the terrain stayed flat so I can possibly use it in future to build upon.
In the early hours of Saturday though Loki went into labour...
Twin alien boys! In keeping with Loki's Nordic roots I named them Bjorn and Erik.
Because I find the upstairs so time consuming to get to I removed the sauna I had here last time (Nervous' old room) and built two separate rooms for the babies.
It will be easier to keep them in their own rooms than have them wake each other through the baby/toddler stage!
On Saturday Loki's sister Erin came over with her housemates and Erin went straight to one of the babies to take care of him.
Erin's other housemates Lola and Chloe were outside and Circe managed to max her logic skill without cheating getting caught. ;)
They all had a nice dinner.
When I was reading about the meaning of Loki's name it said he is a 'prankster and shape shifter' which got me thinking to how he can shape shift... werewolf seems most likely so he started befriending some wolves.
Circe's namesake was a powerful sorceress... perhaps that can be Circe's new goal in future?
While Loki had already hired a Butler he too hired a Nanny as he & Circe are out at work after the Butler leaves at 8pm.
This is Erik as a toddler, Circe was holding Bjorn earlier. :)
It's handy having both Nanny and Butler as the toddlers are always looked after- sometimes a bit pestered but I can easily break the queue if necessary.
With all the baby/toddler training Circe suggested to Loki that they try for a baby one more time. It worked! (Monday night).
On Tuesday before work Circe greeted Brittany Wendland who negotiated Circe some higher wages from now on.
She ignored that however as she really wanted a promotion! She got it too and is an Elite Operative now.
It's been so funny to see the change in these two nasties since the twins arrived....
Next he'll be baking cakes....
and flower arranging. :D
Loki left for his first shift as a Mad Scientist.
On Wednesday night the twins became children... hooray! Erik first.
Then (eventually) Bjorn! Sometimes the whole twin/cake birthday thing can take a while!
On Thursday before their first day of school the boys had breakfast with Circe -she'd just made her 10th best friend in Bjorn (in yellow).
Here are the boys- Erik (front) has his Dad's blue eyes (albeit very large) as well as his nose and mouth but Black hair.
Bjorn has all alien features, large black eyes, small nose, thin mouth and black hair... but he does have his Dad's funky eyebrows! It will be interesting to see them more grown up and their future genetics.
Also both Boys are 10 neat and 10 nice! Erik is 10 Active and Bjorn 10 Outgoing.
After school while Circe and Loki chat on the sofas the boys brought friends home to play with.
It's a girl! They name this brown eyed blonde Ingrid. She has her mother's eyes and her father's colouring.
Circe then handed Ingrid over to Loki, spun into her work attire and left. :D
Another gamble that paid off as she was made the Head of the SCIA! Lifetime wish achieved.
Although he always looks cross Loki is really a doting Dad.
We leave the Beaker's in the very early hours of Friday.
Who knew that their lives would take such an unexpected twist after the start they had with poor Nervous?
Summary-
It was a good week especially after I flattened the hill which made for easier play.
It might be fun after the toddler stage next time with Ingrid to have Loki strive to be a werewolf and Circe a witch especially as they have both achieved permanent platinum through their respective careers. :)
Having the twins almost at the start of the week meant they seemed to go from baby to toddler to child pretty quickly- that and the fact I grow them up as soon as I get the notification that I can! :)









































No comments:
Post a Comment